Being effective means taking responsibility
Posted in Young Entrepreneurs on Sep 01, 2023
Let’s just wait and see what happens, said no entrepreneur. Ever. A true entrepreneur never sits back and waits. They are constantly on the move, hustling, learning and making things happen. Entrepreneurs know what they don’t know and find out where to learn the skills they don’t yet have but need in order to be effective. They don’t wait for someone to help them, they ask for help and seek advice. Entrepreneurs know that to be effective they have to take ownership of their actions and choices and the resultant outcomes. If something doesn’t work, entrepreneurs get back up, dust themselves off and try something different. Until they succeed. Here are some steps that you can take as an entrepreneur to be more effective and successful:
- Network: share time and ideas with like-minded people
- Learn from others
- Learn from your own mistakes. Turn every negative into a positive
- Self promote and use as many free platforms including social media as possible to get your business out there
- Provide a quality product or service, consistently
- Be flexible, always. Markets are dynamic, customers are fickle, everything is always in flux. Be ready to move and adapt as necessary.
- Above all…believe in yourself.